[CQ-Contest] Contest Station Design - cable management

Bob Wolbert k6xx at juno.com
Fri Jan 26 16:09:27 EST 2001

Rich (et. al.)

I've cut down the number of wires by utilizing the mic cable to carry
mic audio/GND (separate so the Kenwood is happy) and PTT (plus ground).
This one 3 or 4 conductor cable replaces three on your list, making the
switching setup cabling more managable. It functions because on all of my
rigs, the mic PTT works fine as a CW PTT. I do use TR-Log's PTT output
during CW contests to reduce relay cycling in the rigs.

Power is used for what? Your box uses relays, I guess?

73 de Bob, K6XX

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com