[CQ-Contest] Band-pass filters

BILL STRAW wb0o at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 20:50:06 EDT 2001

A quick question:

My current rig setup is one radio/linear for 10/15/20
with the proper antennas and Dunestar band pass
filters, and another radio/linear for 40/80/160 with
its antennas and filters. Not the best for SO2R, but
it gives me 40 and 20 at the same time, and works well
for domestic tests from here. Anyway, this season I
have enough antennas to run both rigs 160-10. Do I
need filters on both radios? If radio 1 is on 7 mhz,
and radio 2 is on 14/21/28 mhz the need to protect
radio 2 from radio 1 harmonics is obvious, but does
radio 1 need to be protected from radio 2? Can I just
be thoughtful and careful (always keeping the
unprotected radio at a lower frequency) and avoid
buying a second set of 160-10 filters?

73, Bill WB0O, 10 miles south of VE4-land.