[CQ-Contest] Internet Sprint Results

Tree N6TR tree at kkn.net
Sat Jul 14 09:07:56 EDT 2001

                      RESULTS OF THE 15th INTERNET SPRINT
                         by Tree N6TR and John K2MM

The 15th running of the Internet Sprint was held back on 30 December
from 1800 - 2000Z on 15 meters.  This was another success as the total
number QSOs reported broke the previous record established 5 years
earlier.

We are happy to report that the matched percentage for QSOs was once
again over 97 percent.  Since QSOs that can't be matched up with the
other log are not counted in your score, this means scores were
reduced an average of 2.4 percent.  As it turns out, no score was
reduced by more than 2 QSOs because of this rule.

The propagation on 15 meters was pretty good for most people, at
least for some part of the contest.  Twenty-five stations made at
least 100 QSOs (after the log checking was completed) and two
stations ended up over 200 (a first in this contest).  We even
had an entry from Europe with over 100 QSOs (G4BUO).

K7RAT took advantage of the slight advantage in propagation enjoyed
by the west coast stations to finish in first place with 214 QSOs
and set a new Internet Sprint record.  Close on his heels was Steve,
N2IC, who also averaged over 100 QSOs / hour. Dave, N2NL, fought off
a big comeback by N2NT to send up with the bronze.  N5RZ and N6ZZ
were also in the hunt for a medal.  Check out the horse race graph.
N0AX, W4PA, AA3B and K6LA rounded out the top ten, all by averaging
at least 80 QSOs/hour!

Golden logs (no receive errors) were posted by W2UP, W4LZ and N4LF.

We are sorry for the delay in getting these results out.  There were
a couple of logs that took a few weeks to obtain and this pushed the
log checking process out of the "window of opportunity".  Please do
your part next time by promptly submitting your log so we don't have
to send Bert the Log Checker to track you down.

Once again, John, K2MM did the magic to produce the statistics,
scores and name traces.  It is always very interesting to see how
the name you started with was morphed.  There were eight "golden names"
which were not busted during the whole contest.  They were Barry (W2UP),
Steve (DK8LV), Bob (N9GG), Tom (K3TW), Dave (WA8WV), Ern (VE3EGG),
Paul (K9PG) and Sarah (VE4VV).

We should also recognized Barry, W2UP, who has operated the first
"PERFECT" internet sprint.  Not only did he not have any receive
errors, he ended the contest by getting his starting name back!

The next Internet Sprint will take place when it seems like it is
a good idea.  Perhaps that will be near the end of the year once
again.

Now, over to John for the numbers.

73 Tree N6TR

               Internet SprINT Participation Statistics

 Run- Date Logs  Calls ---------------QSOs--------------  ----Matched----
 ning      Sub'd Found 10m   15m   20m   40m   80m Total    OK   NG   Pct

  15  0012   42   62     0  4694     0     0     0  4694  4581  113  97.6
  14  9912   34   56     0     0  3024     2     0  3026  2978   48  98.4
  13  9809   39   56    26  3472     0     0     0  3498  3426   72  97.9
  12  9612   48   98     0     0     0  3961   259  4220  3545  675  84.0
  11  9608   39   63     0     0  1587   717     0  2302  2194  108  95.3
  10  9604   37   62     0     0  1915  1772     0  3687  3452  235  93.6
   9  9512   49   76     0     0     0  2518  2080  4598  4230  368  92.0
   8  9507   33   82     0     0  2871   587     0  3458  2970  488  85.9
   7  9504   32   50     0     0   967  1629     0  2596  2268  328  87.4
   6  9501   29   64     0     0     0  2115   619  2734  2386  348  87.3
   5  9407   45   88     0     0  3258   247     0  3505  3044  461  86.8
   4  9404   29   54     0     0  1457  1081     0  2538  2394  144  94.3
   3  9401   30   55     0     0  2170   758     0  2928  2772  156  94.7
   2  9310   26   47     0     0  1552   574     0  2126  1912  214  89.9
   1  9305   29   74     0     0  2471     2     0  2473  2082  391  84.2

#OK  = your score
#NL  = no log from other station
#NG  = other contacts not credited
RXNG = you busted the call/number/name/qth of the station you worked
TXNG = the station you worked busted your call/number/name/qth
DUPE = you worked the same station within 3 previous non-dupes
BCHG = total number of band changes
ACCY = receiving accuracy = (#OK + #NG - RXNG) / (#OK + #NG)

CALL            #OK  #NL  #NG RXNG TXNG DUPE BCHG ACC'Y (each * is 1% > 80%)
k7rat           214    2   12    4    8    0    0  98.2 ******************
n2ic            205    1    8    1    7    0    0  99.5 ********************
n2nl            181    1   12    5    7    0    0  97.4 *****************
n2nt            179    1   16   10    7    0    0  94.9 ***************
n5rz            176    0    6    2    4    1    0  98.9 *******************
n6zz            175    1    5    2    4    0    0  98.9 *******************
n0ax            163    1   18    5   13    0    0  97.2 *****************
w4pa            162    1    9    4    5    0    0  97.7 ******************
aa3b            161    1    2    1    1    0    0  99.4 *******************
k6la            160    2   17   10    7    0    0  94.4 **************
k6ll            157    1    7    4    3    0    0  97.6 ******************
n6rt            150    0    7    2    5    0    0  98.7 *******************
wt9u            144    0    7    5    3    0    0  96.7 *****************
n7lox           144    2   14   11    3    1    0  93.0 *************
ve4vv           140    2   14    4   11    0    0  97.4 *****************
k5nz            137    1    7    1    4    2    0  99.3 *******************
n2nc            136    0   10    4    6    0    0  97.3 *****************
w6rgg           123    2    7    1    4    2    0  99.2 *******************
w7rm            119    0    4    3    1    0    0  97.6 ******************
w9wi            111    1    4    2    2    0    0  98.3 ******************
k9pg            110    3    5    1    4    0    0  99.1 *******************
w4au            108    2   11    8    0    3    0  93.3 *************
g4buo           106    1    6    4    3    0    0  96.4 ****************
k1dg            106    2    6    3    3    0    0  97.3 *****************
n5tu            102    1    5    2    2    1    0  98.1 ******************
k5zd             95    0    5    1    4    0    0  99.0 *******************
w4ef             94    2    6    3    3    0    0  97.0 *****************
wa8wv            88    0    8    3    5    0    0  96.9 *****************
n7wa             74    0    8    6    2    0    0  92.7 *************
k0ou             61    1   10    6    3    1    0  91.5 ************
k5tr             53    0    9    6    3    0    0  90.3 **********
k2mm             47    1    2    2    1    0    0  95.9 ****************
no5w             46    0    8    5    4    0    0  90.7 ***********
w2up             44    1    1    0    1    0    0 100.0 ********************
na4k             34    1    2    1    0    1    0  97.2 *****************
wa5rat           33    2    4    2    2    0    0  94.6 ***************
dk8lv            26    0    5    4    2    0    0  87.1 *******
w5gn             21    0    6    4    2    0    0  85.2 *****
ww2y             18    0    3    2    1    0    0  90.5 **********
w4nz             12    0    0    0    0    0    0 100.0 ********************
n4lf              8    0    0    0    0    0    0 100.0 ********************
dl1efd            3    0    3    1    1    1    0  83.3 ***
k2top             2    0    1    1    0    0    0  66.7
w0zp            -13   13    0    0    0    0    0   0.0 No log

#OK + #NL + #NG is the raw claimed score.  #NG is the number of busted QSOs.
Some contacts may be busted for more than one reason, so RXNG + TXNG + DUPE
may sometimes add up to more than #NG.

Starting with the 9809 running, the Internet SprINT adopted the QSO-credit
rules long used by the KCJ (Keymen's Club of Japan).  These rules state that
QSO credit is allowed only for confirmed correct QSOs.  This means that you
lose credit if the receiving station mis-copies your information (a TXNG
error), even if you copy his information perfectly.  YOU ALSO LOSE CREDIT IF
THE STATION YOU WORK DOES NOT SEND IN A LOG.

The accuracy column now reflects only receiving accuracy.  QSOs that were
busted only because of TXNG errors are still deducted from your score;
however, they no longer pull down your accuracy figure.

Stations making more than 10 QSOs who did not submit a log were penalized
one point per unreported QSO!

All entrants' graded logs are being returned to them via e-mail.  Also, this
report and all the graded logs are available via FTP.  Point your browser at

    ftp://jzap.com/pub/int/
    ftp://jzap.com/pub/int/0012/

Golden logs were submitted by W2UP (45), W4NZ (12*), and N4LF (8*).  The
asterisk (*) denotes a log that also had no sending errors (TXNG=0), a
golden log even by the previous stricter criteria.

HORSERACE

    This graph shows the race among N2NL, N2NT, N5RZ, and N6ZZ minute by
    minute.  The x-axis is a constant rate of 180 QSOs per two hours.  Each
    line above/below the x-axis is one valid QSO more/less than that rate.

    Call:  N2NL  N2NT  N5RZ  N6ZZ  (tie)
    Sign:    n     t     r     z     #

    1800      1810      1820      1830      1840      1850      1900
    |         |         |         |         |         |         |
    |         |         |         |         |         |       nnn  95
    |         |         |         |         |         |   n     |
    |         |         |         |         |         | nn nnn  |
    rr        | #       |         |         |         nn        |
    # # zz  n z# zz     |       znn         |     r  nr         |
    t#-##n##z#n--nn#n-#nn-z-z-##n-+nn-------+---r--r#r+-r-------+  90
    |ttr rr   |     z# zzz zn#   zz       #rr   n#nn  |r rr     |
    |  ttttr  |         |nnn      |zznnn## nnr##    z |   zrzzz z  88
    |       #tt #       r     rrr r   #     |nz   zz zzzzz zrrrzr  87
    |      t rr# t  r   |  rrr   r|rr# #z   zz  zz    |        r|
    |         |  r#  rrr|rr       |       zz|  z      |         |
    |         |    #t   |         |      z  |         |         |
    |         |         |         |         |         |         |
    |         |      tt |         |         |         |         |
    |         |        tt         |         |         |         |
    |         |         |   t     |         |         |         |
    |         |         |tt  tt t t         |         |     ttt |
    |         |         |  t   t t|tt       |   t ttttt t tt    t  78
    |         |         |         |  t  t ttt tt t    |t t     t|
    |         |         |         |   tt t  |t        |         |
    |         |         |         |         |         |         |

    1900      1910      1920      1930      1940      1950      2000
    |         |         |         |         |         |         |
    |     n  n|n        |         |         |         |         |
    nnnnnn nn n n       |         |         |         |         |
    |         |         |         |         |         |         |
    |         |  n  nn  |         |         |         |         |
    |         |   nn  n | nn  n n |         |         |        n|
    +----zz-zzz------zz#n#z---zzznnnn-nn--nnn--nn--n-nnnn-nn-nt-+ 180
    | zz   z  |zzzzz    |  zzz   zz zn  nn  |n   n    |  n   t tt 179
    zzrrrrrrr r         |         |z  z   z |         ttttttt   |
    r        r|         |         |  z zzz  |       t |     z  r|
    |r        |r        | r r     |        zz z   tt t|     r #zr 176
    |         | r   r r rr r r    |      t  tzt #tz   rrrr## z  z 175
    |         |  rrr r r|     r rrr rrr t ttrt #rz z#r| zz   r  |
    |         |         |      r  |r  t#rrrr|rrr rrr  z         |
    |         |         |         |ttt      |        z|z        |
    |         |         |       ttt         |         |         |
    |         |         t    ttt  |         |         |         |
    |         |     tttt|tt t     |         |         |         |
    t     tt  ttt tt    |  t      |         |         |         |
    |ttttt  tt|  t      |         |         |         |         |
    |         |         |         |         |         |         |

SOAPBOX

> [Ward/N0AX]  A very fine sprINT, indeed... best so far.

> [Dave/G4BUO]  My 150w signals had an extra 3500 miles to travel and in all
> but a couple of cases, I always lost out to other callers.  Maybe allow a
> higher power level for stations outside North America?

> [Stephan/DK8LV]  First time I entered this contest.  Read about it on
> cq-contest...  Just a bit late for me here, not far away from OZ land.
> 2 hours earlier would be much better if you like to give it a more WW
> character.

SIGNALS

> [Dave/N2NL]  Too bad the contest didn't run a little longer.  K9PG went
> from barely audible to S9+20 in the last 10 minutes of the contest.

> [Phil/N6ZZ]  Sure got beat out a lot, skip changed a lot during the course
> of the two hours.

> [Gator/N5RZ]  This was fun, but frustrating.  Sure got beat out alot,
> which hurt rate.  There were 3 or 4 minute stretches where the band seemed
> to die, then it would spring back to life in a split second.

> [Stephan/DK8LV]  Loudest was K1DG.  Award for best RX should be given to
> VE4VV who picked me out of the noise...  Award for poor RX should be given
> to N2NL whom I called several times without any reaction...

> [Dave/G4BUO]  Heard N0AX K7RAT N7LOX but the only northwest station worked
> was N7WA.

> [John/W4AU]  Felt like there was a lot of activity for the contest this
> year.

LOGGING

> [Dave/G4BUO]  Logged on paper.  There was no mention of software that
> supports the sprINT.  Maybe TR does but I'm sorry to say I am not
> TR-literate.

> [Barry/W5GN]  Unlike TR, I've never been able to get ANY response from the
> authors of WriteLog, and none of its report options work with the INT
> SPRINT contest choice. . . .  I was able to get WR to print the log, which
> I then typed manually in the TR.DAT format.

> [Doug/K1DG]  Did not read the rules, so there are no times in the log.
> Logged with MS-DOS Editor.

> [Doug/N6RT]  Some of those long names screwed me up since NA only accepts
> so many letters for a received name.

NAMES

> [Ward/N0AX]  Worst name was "BEAUREGARD".

> [Doug/N6RT]  I went to a Joe Satriani concert this past week so I decided
> to use Satch for my name.

> [Phil/N6ZZ]  Well, I heard that the famed "small person" Billy Barty died
> last week, so started out with the name "Barty" in his honor.

> [Woody/NO5W]  Who would've thought that Sarah Brightman would show up in
> the internet sprint -- must be some CATS lovers out there.

> [Doug/K1DG]  Started contest with LARRYBIRD.  (I miss him...)

OPERATING

> [Mike/W4EF]  Decided to take things at a leisurely pace, but I still
> managed my goal of 100 qsos even with the late start and a few trips to
> the kitchen. . . .  For some reason I thought the name N2NC was sending
> was "dubey" instead of "dubya".  (A few minutes later it occured to me
> that "dubey" is really spelled "doobie", like in Doobie Brothers).

Hmmm.  Guess that explains all those trips to the kitchen!

> [John/W4AU]  Just got back from 4 days of skiing in the frozen northland
> (New Hampshire) where it never got above 10 degrees the whole time, and
> now I'm fighting a cold...

> [Barry/W2UP]  Used the 30 minutes of op time as a breather from shovelling
> snow!

> [Doug/W9WI]  If I'd read the rules BEFORE the contest, I wouldn't have
> wasted time trying to work weak backscatter signals for the non-existent
> multipliers!

Been there.  Done that.

> [Derrick/VE4VV]  I confess to changing my name a few times, pretty much at
> random.  I kept no records, I know you'll figure it out.

Can't be done.  There's no way to distinguish between an unmarked name
change and a copying error on the RX end.  But your note might help readers
understand some otherwise puzzling name traces like BYRON turning into COLE:

 wa8lcz  56 byron       ================n2nt=
 n7lox   43 bryon       =
 n6zz    47 byron       ==ve4vv=
 n2nc    45 cole        ===============k6la+w9wi

Maybe it would have been better if you had not submitted a log.  The guys
you worked would have still lost credit for their Q's with you, but at least
their accuracy would not have been dinged.  Better yet, just sent the
name of the guy you just worked!

> [Derrick/VE4VV]  Thanks for running this.  I really enjoy this one.

Hmmm.  Curious.

> [Doug/K1DG]  I sent the wrong number to NA4K...  I am a lid.

You are in good company.

NAME TRACES

For an explanation of the name-trace symbols ( = - + * # . ) see the
Reader's Guide to SprINT Name Traces at the end of this report.

 n2nt     1 andy        =============================================n2nl=
 k0ou    32 andye       =
 k2mm     4 andy        ============================k7rat-ve3egg#

 k6la    68 andy        *=======================================
 . . .      andy        ========k9pg=
 w9wi    83 woody       ========================================
 . . .      woody       =====ve4vv-w0zp#

 w2up     1 barry       =================================w2up.

 w5gn     1 barry       +w5gn

 w5gn     2 barry       *=======================================
 . . .      barry       ==================n2ic.

 n6zz     1 barty       ===============n6zz=
 n7lox   44 barry       =================n5tu-ve3egg#
 aa3b    59 ern         =================================n7wa
 n7wa    57 dink        ==============================n2nc=
 dk8lv   31 dick        .

 ww2y     1 beauregard  ============n0ax=
 k5tr     9 beaureguard =
 k6ll    69 beauregard  ==w7rm=
 wt9u    58 beauregaud  =
 k5tr    12 beauregaurd =
 w4pa    85 beauregard  ====n2ic=
 w4ef    45 beaureguard =
 w7rm    52 beauregard  =n6rt=
 wt9u    74 beaurgard   =
 no5w    28 beauregard  =
 k9pg    69 blanko      =
 k7rat  135 blanco      ==n6rt=
 n2nl   122 blanko      =
 n0ax   111 blanco      =====n2nt=
 w5gn     4 blanko      ========wa8wv=
 n2nt   125 blanco      =k5zd.

 n9gg     3 bert        ============k7rat.

 w6gkf    1 bill        ======n6zz=
 n0ax   143 barry       ==============================n5rz.

 k5tr     1 blanco      ==============================n6zz=
 na4k    33 blanko      =========ve4vv=
 k1dg    64 jane        ===n7lox-w6gkf?

 n6kp     1 bob         ===================k0ou-n9gg?

 n9gg     1 bob         ======n4lf.

 w6rgg    1 bob         ========================================
 . . .      bob         ===============ve4vv=
 ww2y    10 brightman   ======k2mm=
 k0ou    43 brightma    =
 w4au    50 brightman   ===n2ic=
 n2nl    92 bighton     ======wa8wv=
 no5w    26 brighton    ===n2nl=
 n0ax   107 brightman   ===k6ll=
 n2nl   124 brighton    =
 no5w    32 brightman   ===========wa5rat.

 n7lox    1 brian       =====k5nz=
 k6la    15 brain       =n0ax=
 n7lox   13 brian       ====================k6la=
 wa5rat  27 6rian       =
 w4au    59 brian       ========================================
 . . .      brian       ====================k1dg.

 aa3b     1 bud         ================n2ic-ve6sv?

 wa8lcz  56 byron       ================n2nt=
 n7lox   43 bryon       =
 n6zz    47 byron       ==ve4vv=
 n2nc    45 cole        ===============k6la+w9wi

 n2ic     1 cusi        =============wa8wv=
 n7lox   18 chas        ========================================
 . . .      chas        ======================================w6rgg=
 k6ll   104 blanco      ==n0ax=
 no5w    35 blanko      =========no5w=
 n0ax   136 blanco      =
 n2nl   148 blanko      =======w6rgg-n6kp?

 g4buo    1 dave        ====n5rz+wt9u

 k6ll     1 dave        ========================================
 . . .      dave        ============================-=====na4k.

 n2nl     1 dave        ===n2nl+wt9u

 wa8wv    1 dave        ==========================w4nz.

 n5rz    10 dave        *=======================================
 . . .      dave        ==============k6ll-n7rx=
 wa5rat  31 barry       ========================================
 . . .      barry       ====k6la+n6rt

 n2nl     6 dick        *=====================================wa5rat=
 aa3b    33 nick        ========================================
 . . .      nick        ========================================
 . . .      nick        ====================================n7wa.

 n7wa     1 dink        =
 wt9u     3 dick        =====k6la=
 n7lox   11 scott       =============wa5rat-wa8lcz?

 w9wi     1 doug        ========================================
 . . .      doug        ========================================
 . . .      doug        ========================================
 . . .      doug        ========w4au-w0zp#
 w9wi   103 wayne       ================n6zz.

 n0ax     1 dubya       =
 n2nt     2 dubiya      =====w6rgg=
 w4pa     9 dubya       ==========w6rgg=
 n2nt    20 dubiya      =
 g4buo   14 dubya       =========ve4vv=
 k0ou    17 holly       =======k0ou=
 w4au    35 solly       ====w2up=
 ve4vv   50 sarah       ========================================
 . . .      sarah       ==========n0ax.

 n5tu     1 earl        =dk8lv
 dk8lv    2 steve       =====================================-==
 . . .      steve       ==============k2top.

 w4ef     1 elmer       ==================-=====================
 . . .      elmer       ==-=====================================
 . . .      elmer       ============================w7rm.

 ve3egg   1 ern         ==========ww2y.

 n5rz     1 gator       ==wa8wv=
 n5tu     4 gary        =============-==========================
 . . .      gary        ===========-======n0ax=
 n7wa    53 mary        ========================================
 . . .      mary        ====k9pg-w0zp#
 w4au   105 wayne       ==================w4pa.

 wa5rat   1 geez        =====================n7wa=
 k0ou    21 zed         ===============na4k-n7rx=
 w4ef    31 ded         ==dk8lv=
 ve4vv   70 ned         ========================================
 . . .      ned         ==========================n0ax=
 n7wa    82 nick        =no5w.

 k5nz     1 goober      ======================================k5zd=
 n5rz    49 goobeen     ===n0ax=
 n7lox   57 goober      =====k5zd=
 k5tr     5 gooder      =
 n6rt    56 goober      =====ve4vv=
 k5zd    53 jane        ======n2ic=
 n7lox   72 sarah       ========================================
 . . .      sarah       ======================================n2nt=
 n5tu    89 steve       ================w4ef-w0zp=
 ve4vv  156 wayne       .

 ve7ad   10 herb        ========k5zd=
 w6rgg   26 serb        =
 n2nc    39 herb        ========================================
 . . .      herb        ============================n0ax=
 n7lox  131 sarah       ======k1dg-n9gg?

 vy1ja    1 jay         ========================================
 . . .      jay         ===================================n2nt=
 k6la   103 joy         ===========================================k7rat=
 w7rm   111 john        ======================w6rgg.

 wt9u     1 jim         ===============ve4vv=
 w7rm     9 brightman   =====dl1efd.

 n2nc     1 john        ========================================
 . . .      john        ========================================
 . . .      john        ============================k2mm-w0zp#
 k6la   143 wayne       ======-=====================k5tr.

 w4au     1 john        ===dk8lv
 dk8lv    3 steve       ========================================
 . . .      steve       =========================================n5rz=
 k6la   109 dave        ===ve4vv=
 k1dg    52 holly       ===============n2nt-w0zp=
 k2mm    32 wayne       =======================w5gn=
 n2nt   157 jayne       ==w4pa=
 n7wa    74 jay         ====================================k9pg.

 k6la   156 john        *=============================k0ou.

 dl1efd   1 kasi        ========================================
 . . .      kasi        =======================w4pa=
 k6ll    90 casi        =
 n2nl   107 kasi        ========================================
 . . .      kasi        ======================================w4au.

 k6la     1 ken         =====dk8lv=
 g4buo    4 steve       ===========n2nc=
 n5rz    21 john        ===w2up-ve7ad?

 k1dg     1 larrybird   ==n5rz=
 ve4vv   53 larrybid    =
 w9wi    42 larrybird   ==k6la=
 n2nc    61 larry       =
 n6zz    72 larrybird   ===========n0ax=
 n7lox   77 larry       ===================================k5nz-w0zp#
 k7rat  189 wayne       ==-=========================k6la.

 n4lf     1 lex         =================n2ic=
 w4au   108 liz         ===============aa3b.

 w6bsy    1 mac         ==k7rat=
 w4au    99 mary        ======================k2mm.

 w4pa     1 mary        ========================================
 . . .      mary        ========================================
 . . .      mary        =========================ve4vv-ve3zt?

 n7rx     1 neal        ======ve4vv=
 k7rat   72 nel         =
 wt9u    38 neal        =========n0ax-ve3egg#
 n5tu    42 ern         ===================n2nt=
 k5tr    19 erie        =====n2nl=
 n0ax   102 ernie       ============================================w4pa=
 n7lox  143 russ        =
 k6la   159 ernie       ================w4ef.

 k9pg     1 paul        -=======================================
 . . .      paul        ==============================n7lox.

 ve3zt    1 paul        ============k1dg-w0zp#
 k9pg   109 wayne       ===============k6ll.

 ve6sv    1 paul        ===n0ax=
 n2nt    28 john        ==========================-=======ve4vv=
 w4pa    91 jewel       ========================================
 . . .      jewel       ========================================wt9u.

 w7rm     1 rush        ====k6la=
 n7wa     4 russ        =n6rt=
 n2nt     6 rush        ==============k5nz=
 dk8lv   12 russ        =======================n2ic=
 k5nz    48 rush        =
 w4au    45 russ        ===========================n0ax=
 k6la    99 rush        ==no5w=
 wt9u    75 russ        =========w4pa=
 k6la   110 rush        =======w9wi=
 ve4vv  100 russ        ======g4buo=
 k6la   133 rush        ==w4pa=
 w4ef    71 russ        ====================k9pg-w0zp#
 w4ef    99 wayne       ===n6rt.

 ve4vv    1 sarah       ========================================
 . . .      sarah       ========================================
 . . .      sarah       ========================================
 . . .      sarah       ========================================wa8wv.

 n6rt     1 satch       ======n5tu=
 dl1efd   2 hatch       =
 w4au    13 satch       ====g4buo=
 n2nt    21 stach       =========w4ef=
 n7lox   29 sarah       ======================k9pg=
 k1dg     2 sarath      =
 k6la    62 sarah       ================n6rt=
 wa8wv   35 sahah       =
 k7rat  102 sarah       ====g4buo-k3tw?

 dk8lv    1 steve       ========================================
 . . .      steve       ========================================
 . . .      steve       ========================================
 . . .      steve       ==================================n5tu.

 k0ou     1 steve       ========================================
 . . .      steve       ===============================n2nc=
 w4ef    54 barry       ========================================
 . . .      barry       =====================================n2nt.

 na4k     1 steve       ========================================
 . . .      steve       ========================================
 . . .      steve       =============k7rat-w0zp#
 n2nl   164 wayne       ====k2mm
 k2mm    43 zap         ==============k5nz.

 w4nz     1 ted         ==k7rat=
 w4au     5 ned         ================================n2nc=
 n6rt    48 zed         ==============================k7rat=
 k6la    94 nick        ========================================
 . . .      nick        =========================n2nl.

 k3tw     1 tom         ========================================
 . . .      tom         =======================g4buo.

 k2top    1 toppy       ===========================k1dg=
 k5tr    39 tom         ====================================w9wi.

 k7rat    1 ugg         ===========================g4buo=
 k0ou    18 ug          ===============k7rat=
 no5w    14 ugg         =========================wa5rat-n7rx?

 w0zp     1 wayne       ============w6rgg-w6bsy?

 no5w     1 woody       ========================================
 . . .      woody       =======================================n2nc=
 dk8lv   24 john        ========================================
 . . .      john        ==============================n2nc.

 k2mm     1 zap         -vy1ja?

 k5zd     1 zed         ==============n6rt=
 wa5rat  19 chas        ========================================
 . . .      chas        ========================================
 . . .      chas        ======================k6la-w0zp#
 k5nz   114 wayne       ================w5gn.

READER'S GUIDE TO SPRINT NAME TRACES

 wa1mug   1 john    ==w1ua=
 kz4h     8 jon     ===-===w6go.

WA1MUG started with the name John.  The first station he worked got the name
OK, then passed it to W1UA.  The name John showed up OK in all three logs.

W1UA then worked KZ4H who recorded Jon in his log.  Either W1UA mis-sent the
name or KZ4H mis-copied or mis-logged the name on his QSO #7.  KZ4H then
passed Jon along to the next station he worked with his QSO #8.

Jon survived until W6GO copied it on his last QSO.  It showed up in the logs
of all stations in between, except for one station who did not send one in.

 wb2oeu   1 fred    =====-=====-=====wb2rkk-wb2woi=
 wa2uwa  17 stinky  -===-========-?-=========wa2eah-wa2ccf?

WB2OEU started with Fred which showed up OK in WB2RKK's log.  RKK then
worked WB2WOI who did not send in a log.  But WOI's next QSO# was found in
WA2UWA's log, and UWA recorded Stinky.  The error may have occurred anywhere
between RKK sending and UWA receiving.

UWA then passed Stinky with his QSO #17, and Stinky eventually made it into
WA2EAH's enormous log.  EAH then worked WA2CCF, who did not send in a log,
and the trace was lost.  Along the way, the name passed through at least two
consecutive stations who did not send in logs.  This made manual suturing of
the traces necessary.

 k2kir    1 howie   =========wa2spl=
 w2mta      sowie
 w2mta   20 bill    =========w2fr
 w2fr    30 dill    =========wb2drw.

K2KIR started with Howie.  WA2SPL said he copied and sent Howie, but W2MTA
said he copied Sowie.  MTA's log also said he found Sowie offensive, so he
changed it to Bill before sending it with his QSO #20.  W2FR copied Bill OK,
but his log said he's always had trouble sending Bill, so he changed it to
Dill before passing it on with his #30.

 k1znd   12 dave    *========wa1hco-wa1iqj#
 wa1pid  73 don     ==========================wb2fzo+k2eiu

K1ZND worked someone on his QSO #11 who sent him Dave -- or so he thought.
The other station didn't think the QSO complete, and so continued by sending
Dave on his next QSO without putting ZND in his log.  Meanwhile, ZND
blissfully passed on the freshly cloned Dave with his #12.

Dave made it OK to WA1HCO who passed it to WA1IQJ.  But IQJ was cluelessly
sending Don to everybody, including the next station he worked, WA1PID.
This Don survived until he got to WB2FZO.  FZO thought he passed Don to
K2EIU, but EIU was really working someone else, so Don fell on the floor.

..._._

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com