[CQ-Contest] Kudos to CQ WW for Busting Packet Cheaters!

Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg at contesting.com
Wed Jul 25 12:40:54 EDT 2001

On Wed, 25 July 2001, "Ward Silver" wrote:

> Anyone care to compare the reported scores in the
> archives against the published results to see who is
> missing?

I started doing this but quickly realized that there
might be some who submitted to 3830, but didn't
actually submit to CQ.

That said, I found several fairly high scores (none in
the top 10) missing - ones with high mult-to-Q
ratios.  Doubtful they coincindentally forgot to send
in their logs.

I hope that:
A) CQ keeps their techniques close to the vest (I'm
sure it'll leak anyway, but what the hey)
B) next year, CQ officially DQs and bans the
cheaters.  No more of this slinking away quietly.

73 Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com