[TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] SO2R vs SO1R

Bill Turner w7ti at dslextreme.com
Sat Jul 28 18:29:18 EDT 2001

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 08:03:10 -0500, Dale L Martin wrote:

>The equality
>extends only to the physical stations setting the baseline for the
>multi-team competition.  The operators go for the max.

You misread my previous post.  By "not going for the max" in WRTC, I was
referring to hardware, not operating skill.  Far from it;  WRTC
operators are indeed the tops, IMO.

I remember the very first WRTC when they were calling CQ at 40+ wpm.  I
cranked up my keyer and came back to them at that speed or higher, and
every single time they got my call right the first time.  And back then
my call was W7LZP, one of the worst calls ever for CW.  I was impressed
then and still am.

Bill, W7TI

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com