[CQ-Contest] July QST arrives "Antenna Issue"

Barry Kutner w2up at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 24 18:09:30 EDT 2001

Hi Jay,
I'm sure you've noticed, over the last few years, that QST has
changed its focus more towards beginners. There are a lot more
articles such as "A 144/440 Mhz Duoband Antenna For Your
Hardhat," rather than "The Optimum Monoband Stack for 80m."
I guess the ARRL realizes (and rightly so, from a business
perspective) that the only way to grow is catering to the newbies
and attracting new blood.
73 Barry W2UP

Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up at mindspring.com
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry at w2up.wells.com