[CQ-Contest] RULES CHANGE.....PLEASE

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Jun 24 23:12:29 EDT 2001

At 07:24 PM 6/24/01 -0000, N7MAL wrote:

>I wonder if the ARRL in it's infinite wisdom could find it in its heart to
>add a Field Day rule change outlawing packet-cluster spots for use in Field
>Day. The obvious "pimping" for the PVRC club station, by PVRC members, was
>ridiculous. I would venture to guess 99% of the Field Day stations don't
>waste resources setting up a packet-cluster monitoring station, so what
>possible purpose could be served by spotting Field Day stations. Unless, of
>course, you're such a loser you couldn't find a Field Station to work
>without the aid of the DX packet-cluster.

Boy, this offended me.  Maybe N7MAL was supporting some other team?
"Pimping" strikes me as way out of line.  As a PVRC member, I can tell the
world that there was no concerted c;ub effort to promote W3AO.  I wanted to
work them on all 12 HF band/modes, which is no easy matter from 100 miles
away.  I found them mostly without spots, but in a few occasions I was glad
to have them.  Do I feel "pimped?"  Get real.

73, Pete N4ZR
No, no ... that's WEST Virginia

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com