[CQ-Contest] March/April QEX issue

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Mar 11 11:57:49 EST 2001

At 10:00 AM 3/11/01 -0000, Tim Makins,  EI8IC wrote:

 >Hi Henry - I am interested to know just why you make these regular postings
 >to the reflector ?
 >Are you financially involved  with the company that prints them ?
 >Do you hope that by seeing the contents, more people will buy them ?
 >As a low budget kind of a person, I can't afford to subscribe to all the
 >mags I'd like to, so your posts just leave me feeling curious but fed-up !
 >I wish someone would put some of the back numbers on the web for all around
 >the world without good reference libraries to see. Might stop people
 >re-inventing the wheel.
 >
 >No criticism to you, Henry, just curious, that's all.

I don't know why Henry does this, but he's been doing it for years, and no,
I'm sure he gets no personal benefit at all.

Predictably, I find these posts useless with respect to the mags I already
receive.  I find them interesting and potential decision-forming when I
think about switching from one to another, or adding another to the list.

I hope nobody puts back issues out on the web, out of respect for copyright.

In the meantime, I'm sure Henry would be happy to continue to use
distinctive titles, so that those not desiring to read his summaries can
use the delete key.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database