[CQ-Contest] I can feel the heat! Fwoosh!

Marty Tippin martyt at pobox.com
Wed Mar 28 09:58:22 EST 2001

I understand that this whole thread is based on the "problem" with TO5T,
but it's not really a problem at all, according to the rules.

Having been involved with various forms of competition over the years
(sports, R/C airplane "pattern" competition, and now ham radio contesting),
I learned long ago that "anything not specifically prohibited by the rules
is expressly permitted by the rules!"

So here we have a group which has (presumably) interpreted the lack of
specific rules in their favor and everybody is raising heck about it, and
we have those suggesting CW is a superior mode because "those" kind of
things just don't happen there, blah blah blah. I guess it give people
something to do.

You're absolutely right that the contest sponsors need to review the rules
- if they determine this is a loophole that should be closed, then so be
it. But until then, all the whiners should re-read the rules and learn to
deal with it!

My original posting was spurred simply by the inference that "everyone" who
appears more that a couple of times on the DX cluster is spotting
themselves, which is clearly bogus.

73,

-Marty NW0L
   martyt at pobox.com