[CQ-Contest] I can feel the heat! Fwoosh!

Ed k4sb at akorn.net
Thu Mar 29 17:21:07 EST 2001

<017401c0b7a6$2155d020$d728323f at hppav>
Sender: owner-cq-contest at contesting.com

Larry Lindblom W0ETC wrote:

"XV. Disqualification" . "The use of non-amateur means such as
telephones, telegrams, packet, etc., to solicit contacts or
multipliers during the contest is unsportsmanlike and the entry is
subject to disqualification.

Actions and decisions of the WPX Contest Committee are official and
final."
-----------------------------
I find that rule a bit fuzzy. I have no problems with the telephone or
telegram part being "non-amateur", but how does one send "packets"
using
"non amateur" resources.

It seems everyone has an opinion on this. Mine is that TO5T cheated.
And I'm entitled to that opinion, as are those of you who feel
otherwise.

Frankly however, I don't think any of us are going to change anyone's
mind. This thread is boring.

73
Ed

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com