[CQ-Contest] Hard-Sided Travel Cases?

Tim Totten, N4GN n4gn at n4gn.com
Tue May 1 00:03:25 EDT 2001

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Marty Tippin wrote:

 > Looking for sources of a good quality hard-sided, foam-lined case
 > suitable for transporting a FT-1000MP to the Caribbean for contesting.
 > Does anyone make one that is already carved out to the "right size"
 > for an 'MP?

The "industry standard" is the Pelican 1650, as mentioned by K2KW.  I
bought my last couple 1650s through cases4less.com:

http://www.cases4less.com/detail_pelican_1650.html

I think the price was fairly competitive, and I rcvd them promptly.  Note
Kenny's comments about the foam.  I wish I had a good local source for
making custom foam inserts . . .

73,

Tim Totten, n4gn at n4gn.com
http://www.n4gn.com