[CQ-Contest] Advice on CW/contest rig for $1000-$2000?

Sinisa Hristov shristov at golden.net
Wed May 2 23:33:33 EDT 2001

Tree N6TR wrote:

 > The TS-570DG is a terrible radio for contesting.  From what I understand,
 > it can't transmit and talk to a computer at the same time.  Kenwood
 > has been unwilling to admit there is a problem, and therefore we have
 > no idea if it has been fixed.

Of course, TS570 CAN talk to the computer while transmitting.
In fact, the computer interface is much better than one on FT1000Mk5,
and you can control almost everything.

However, the receiver is not good enough for contesting,
although it may be at least as good as any other radio in its class.
See my review on eHam for details.

Consider buying used MP around $2000 or slightly less.

73,

Sinisa  VA3TTN

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com