[CQ-Contest] Re: [WRTC2002 0058] USA - WRTC Past Performances

Jeffrey Clarke ku8e1 at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 09:48:36 EDT 2001

N0UR       3
N7VY       3
KX9X       3
KB3AFT     3
W8RU       2
KD2TT      2
N9CIQ      2
Many with 1.........

* Doesn't include 2000 SS SSB. Results not published.

Also, please correct the SS top ten I posted before. I miscounted on
K5TR... KH6ND also pointed out that he has made the top 10 in ARRL DX
4 times since 1997.... remember he counts as DX in ARRL DX but KH6
is grouped with the west coast USA part of the WRTC team....

Top Ten Finishes
in ARRL SS CW/SSB
SO HP 1997-2000 *
------------------
KE3Q/WP3R   5
WD0T        5
K5GA        3
AG9A        3
K5TR        3
K5GN        2
KH6ND       2

Also, remember all the operators I listed here (and the previous lists)
are those who have NOT attended a WRTC event yet. All those that have
attended before have many accomplishments and deserve to be considered
again as well.

So what does all this prove??? Well it proves the point I made in one
of my previous emails that lots of us have had some type of contesting
accomplishment. The way I look at it is that these lists might be
helpful to the clubs that are going to be involved in the selection
process by highlighting efforts of those who have not had a
chance to attend a WRTC before and that these guys should be considered
along with those who have gone in the past. If anyone can think of a
way
the rate those who do multi-ops let me know and I will take a shot at
listing those. Also , It would be nice if someone who has the results
from CQWW and CQ WPX  for the past few years could do the same for
those contests.

 K8JP also brought up a good point about how do you rate someone who
operates the DX contests primarly from out of the country. Should the
scores of say someone like P40W (W2GD) or V31JP(K8JP) be counted in
the scoring system they have if they are trying to get on the US team
but they did their operating (and made the top ten) from out of the
USA ? Maybe someone from the CCF can comment on that ???

                                   73's Jeff

ps : Please note there could be errors on these lists. If you notice
any please let me know....