[CQ-Contest] new shack and electrical wiring

ted demopoulos kr1g at hotmail.com
Mon May 21 18:32:42 EDT 2001

Upon my return back from Dayton my wife informed me that she wants to spend
as much money as I have on antennas and towers (no, she doesn't *really*
know :) on a grand piano and remodeling - including the shack becoming part
of the newer "music room."

So, I'm finishing a large room over the garage, maybe 25 by 20 feet
including eves, into the new shack. The main use will be a SO2R, M/S and
M/2, (with the odd M/M thrown in).

Wondering about electrical wiring?? It will be just about all new, and I
want to do it right. Do I want each station off a different breaker, both
for 220 and 110, or what??? planning on 6+ positions, electrical speaking,
although I usually expect to use 2 or 3 in most tests. Since I have no money
for this project, money is no object and I want to do it right the first
time :)

Any other advice on room configuration etc appreciated.

Will sumarise and post,

73
Ted KR1G