[CQ-Contest] penalty whiners - step back

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Tue May 22 01:24:15 EDT 2001

As long as I have the same rules used on my log as N5TJ has used on his I am
happy....he seems to being doing ok.  I also do not seem to remember him
complaining about his score changing too much in his report on his EA8
records - didn't he say he had the second best UBN of the top finishers!

Yup, you can be penalized for things not of your own fault - akin to being
in the wrong place at the wrong time - but as long as the same measuring
device is used to adjudicate all logs all of us are equally susceptible!  If
something about your operating style causes you to have higher UBN rates -
you should fix it!

I think this rush to argue the three Q penalty is too much only serves to
prove that yes, 3 QSO penalties get the attention of the
contenders...conclusion: don't change it - its working!

73,

Jim, K4OJ

...as interviewed on the Hiram Percy Springer Show

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com