[CQ-Contest] contest taping

Rick Bullon kc5ajx at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 01:59:38 EDT 2001

Hey Jeff
   I see another reason for taping a contest.
We have operators and contestors wanting to use EQSL'S instead of the real
thing ( let us not start that thread again please guys and gals), in the
future you will get an email saying you have a EQSL from a DX station and
when you check it you find he has attached a wave file of the qso. That is
all we need!!!!
A more practical use ( besides doctoring the log) is to:

check from one year to the next to see if conditions really were better or
worse this year

to see if the improvements you made in the off season really were as good as
you expected, to be able to listen to the contest again to see where they
messed up and need improve for next time

instead of looking at the old logs and remembering that great contacts you
had you can go back and listen to it

and some want to do it just because they can!!
73
Rick
KC5AJX