[CQ-Contest] GW7X group

Clive Whelan clive_whelan at btinternet.com
Tue May 22 21:08:41 EDT 2001

Hi

Please excuse the bandwidth.

The GW7X group, formerly-albeit briefly- known as Contest Cymru,
will henceforth be known as Contest Cambria.

Our attention has been drawn to the existence of a group with a
similar name, which we understand has existed for some time. We
were not aware of this fact, and clearly neither were the RSGB
nor the RA, since they raised no concerns when we registered the
GW3XEJ club, and GW7X special contest calls. The name as
officially known to these organisations therefore will not
change.

However, we have no desire to cause concern to any other
organisation, and we are therefore happy to be known as Contest
Cambria within the contesting community.

A word about semantics. Cymru is the Welsh language word for
Wales, and Cambria is the ancient English language word for
Wales, so the previous and current names are in fact synonymous.

The group's website at http://www.gw7x.org reflects these
changes.

Incidentally the group currently has no bureau facilities ( this
may change), and recommended QSL routes are therefore;

(1) Direct via GW3XEJ, answered by return

(2) http://www.eqsl.net, where all QSOs are currently available.

Thanks for your indulgence.

CU on 7Mhz in WPX CW from GW7X ( an exclusive multiplier!)

73

Clive

GW3NJW
Contest Cambria-GW7X (http://www.gw7x.org)