[CQ-Contest] Retribution for frequency stealing?

Barry w2up at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 26 21:53:17 EST 2001

Hi all,

This weekend in the contest, a certain multi in Eastern Europe
started CQing in my face, on a frequency I was running on for at
least an hour.  There were no pauses on my part to give any
indication the frequency was not occupied. Condx were excellent
(Sunday) and I'm sure I was as loud there, as he was here.

Since I had a good night's sleep when the bands died, and I wasn't
trying to win anything, I decided to stay and fight for my frequency.
It took about 20 minutes of CQing in each other's faces before he
went away. I was able to work some stuff with my 250 Hz filter and
APF cranked in. He didn't work much of anything.

This same station did the same thing to me in last year's contest!!

So, what I am thinking, is to remove his 4 or 5 QSOs from my log,
so he'll lose 4 or 5 times 4 worth of QSO points (original QSOs
plus penalty). Whaddya think?

73,
Barry W2UP

Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up at mindspring.com