[CQ-Contest] Re: [Dx] Lets change phonetics

robert.n.shapiro at att.net robert.n.shapiro at att.net
Thu Nov 1 17:26:14 EST 2001

Here's a different twist.  I was on a business trip in
Swaziland in February 1995 and had a choice of either
obtaining the call 3DAxx or using 3DA/ND3A.  I choose
the latter thinking that noone would need to ask me "QSL
via?"  WRONG!  Not only did that occur but in ARRL DX
CW, I was doing some S&Ping and answered a well known
USA contest station's CQ.  That station replied to me
that I could not have been in Swaziland because I was
not signing with a valid Swaziland call.  There were
also other stations who when sending my call and/or
writing it on a QSL card had 3DA0/ND3A.  People need to
educate themselves as to what are valid prefixes
worldwide - AB# is a USA call and Swaziland is 3DA#xxx
or some variation.

Rob - ND3A

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com