[CQ-Contest] M/M with MULTS Stations

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Sun Nov 4 02:09:11 EST 2001

IT9GSF wrote:

"a friend in Italy told me that all the stations during the CQWW contest
can use a maximum of 1500 Watts output and that the maximum power is not
yet related to the maximum legal power... or better, the maximum usable
power is the legal power when it doesn't exceed 1500 W.

My question is.... what about stations using different amplifiers with
different antennas fed by the same exciter ?

For example, a station can have Antenna 1 on 20 mts to the JA direction
with 1000 W and Antenna 2 to the USA direction with 1200 W. Is this station
legal or not ?"

>From 2001 CQWW Rules at http://cqww.com/2001rules.htm

"III. TYPE OF COMPETITION:  All high power categories must not exceed 1500
watts total output power on any band."

        I was recently asked the same question by a Russian station but the
rules are very clear and unambiguous...1500 watts output...period...finis...
end of discussion.  In your example, 1000 W + 1200 W does not equal 1500 W.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com