[CQ-Contest] SS observations ( kinda long)

bob.wruble at verizon.net bob.wruble at verizon.net
Mon Nov 5 13:53:22 EST 2001

well put, dave, but i doubt if our friends at the league will
ever make any meaningful changes to the SS.  however, they did cut it back
from 2 weekends many years ago....imagine if it were 2 weekends these days!
further they have added many operating catgories (m,s,u, etc) but i don't
see much real change likely.....12 hours wud be more than enuf time 24/30 is
nfg in todays world.

i swore that last year wud be my last serious ss cw effort but decided to
give it another go this year LP and so2r.  needed the so2r practice and the
sscw test is made for so2r.

so2r helped with the monotony but just barely.....found myself
watching football and the world series to reduce the boredom.

my friend k7ss did this years cwss using an old japanese hand key .....
mebbe a new catagorey for next year??

73 bob