[CQ-Contest] SS observations ( kinda long)

hwardsil1 at mindspring.com hwardsil1 at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 5 18:08:57 EST 2001

(snip)
>It appears that high and low power scores are "clustering" a lot more than in
>the past. A top low power score is probably 80% of a top high power score,
>indicating the finite nature of the stations to be worked.

I think that it shows more strongly that, given equivalent technology, the winning algorithm is known and the top scores indicate how well that participant is able to execute it.  Barring a sudden change in the problem constraints (such as the introduction of SO2R or a rule change), this will continue to be the case.

(snippety, snip, snip)

> One final observation: I had aways noted a "rush to the finish line" the last
> hour or two of the contest. That did not happen this year, or at least it was
> not as noticeable. Most notably, 80M did not provide the rush of activity
that I normally have found in the waning minutes of the contest. Conditions,
>or participation?
>
> Paul, K5AF

Two words - Game Seven.

73, Ward N0AX @K7RAT