[CQ-Contest] Problems with Sweepstakes? Nyah.

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Wed Nov 7 08:18:36 EST 2001

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Warren C. Stankiewicz wrote:

[some snipping done]

> Let me also postulate the heretical thought that contests are not =
> necessarily just for the big guns. The measure of success among the =
> winners in a contest is not how many of the other big guns you work, but =
> rather how many of those guys who got on and made three qsos that *you* =
> worked that the other guy *did not*.

[a litle more snipping]

I'm going to reveal a little secret.  Maybe many of you feel the same way
I do.

I LOVE sitting in front of the radio.  I LOVE turning the knobs and
hearing strange sounds come out.  I LOVE making QSO's in a contest.

I've won a very few contests and that is grand.  But what I enjoy most is
doing them.  Being a "little pistol", I don't always envision winning.  I
DO envision just getting on the air and having fun.  I always feel a
slight letdown when the contest is over, more because I can't keep doing
it than because of my score.

> 73,
>
> Larson E Rapp, W1IIOU (by way of Warren, NF1J)

Ol' Larson must've gotten himself a vanity call.  He used to be WIOU.
Welcome back.   :-)

73, Zack W9SZ

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com