[CQ-Contest] CQ WW

Scott Redd redd at netschools.net
Mon Nov 19 10:09:10 EST 2001

Well, it's finally happened. . .  Neiger's gone over the edge, prompting my
first-ever post to a reflector.

In spite of our peaceful intentions, it appears the the COLD WAR is back in
true East - West fashion.

Accordingly, Battle Groups from Tiger Team #1 will deploy shortly to Western
Hemisphere locations while Team #2 heads for the Eastern Hemisphere (except
Norton, who apparently bought a ticket for Toronto instead of Tunisia . . .
may be a covert action).

In any event, the ordnance is loaded on the Air Wings, the Tomahawks are
programmed, and a SEAL Team is enroute Ascencion Island with instructions to
cut ZD8Z's coax.

That said, we do plan on giving Team #2 a sporting chance. . . To offset our
youth advantage (that's Jose) and to spice up the competition we'll have two
Low Power entrants (P40W and V26B) and two 2-pointer stations (V26B and
"Here Come The Judge" 8P9Z).  Additionally, the old salt (that's me) -- who
will be operating in only his fifth contest in 15 years -- will be using new
software and trying to figure out if computers are really here to stay (host
Jacky, P43P, assures me they are and has convinced me I should use his
station and not bring my Globe King and SX-99).

We've saved a bit of firepower for the other, inevitable competitors such as
CCF.

So drop by and give us a few six banders. . . and have fun.

Blessings to all, Happy Thanksgiving and travel safely

Scott

P40Q / K0DQ / A92Q / ex XE1IIJ, 6J9AA, CX3BBD etc.