[CQ-Contest] RULES ARE RULES

Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg at contesting.com
Tue Nov 20 07:11:44 EST 2001

That's easy!  It's to mimic the preamble of the
standard radiogram.

Go to
http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/forms/fsd218.html
for details.

>From that page, the datagram preamble consists of

a. Number (begin with 1 each month or year)
b. Precedence (R, W, P or EMERGENCY)
c. Handling Instructions (optional, see text)
d. Station of Origin (first amateur handler)
e. Check (number of words/groups in text only)
f. Place of Origin (not necessarily location of
station of origin.)

So, the SS exchange copies this almost exactly
(leaving out the optional part c).

73 Mike N2MG

http://www.peoplepc.com

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com