[CQ-Contest] 2003 CQ 160 Change Coming

Bill Fisher W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Tue Nov 20 21:21:44 EST 2001

>"Starting with 2003 the CQ 160 Contests will be changed to
>48-hour contests to conform with most other worldwide contests.  The
>starting time will be 0000Z on Saturday and the ending time 2359Z on
>Sunday.

The proposal laid out by W4ZV means that the contest doesn't start for us
on the east coast until 2 hours after sunset (8 hours for Europeans) and
it means that we now have to operate single band contest 3 nights instead
of just two.  The Europeans would operate 1/2 night on Saturday morning,
Full night Saturday night, and 1/2 night on Sunday.

Am I the only one that thinks this is a really stupid idea?

This is smarter:
The contest starts 1 hour before local sunset on Friday and ends 1 hour
after local sunrise on Sunday.  The contest starts for everyone when the
band is open and ends when the band is closed.

73

Bill, W4AN

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com