[CQ-Contest] 2003 CQ 160 Change Coming

Milt Jensen miltj at dvec.org
Wed Nov 21 19:54:00 EST 2001

Depends on where you are located Bernie.  Anything west of the Pecos out to
the US west coast gets two full nights, just as they do now.  BUT, we get
shorted the first couple of hours (22Z to 0Z) that we have right now which
normally provides +- 50 Qs.  Here in the great Southwest the sun sets at 0Z
and I know that ALL stations east of here are going to be listening EAST
during that last sunset on Sunday.

The obvious choice for us is a 30 hour contest out of 48 possible.  We would
work 0Z to 15Z (30 minutes after sunup) each day.

I can see your point.  The east coast gets THREE shots at EU.  We get two,
to try and hear and be heard through the east coast.

Take care.  73 es Happy Turkey Day de Milt, N5IA