[CQ-Contest] 2003 CQ 160 Change Coming

Spencer Lazar slazar19 at sgi.net
Fri Nov 23 09:38:43 EST 2001

At 04:12 PM 11/21/01 +0000, you wrote:

>        FYI here is the contesting.com survey we did last March:
>
>http://www.contesting.com/survey/38

Probably it would be more plausible if 160 meter contestants did
the voting rather than a broad section of web page viewers.

The 160 meter contests are 90% qso party, 10 percent dx and thats
if you live on the east coast. For the most part, people operate the
contest to contest not to dx and I doubt if any active 160 meter
operator ever worked a new country in this contest.

This contest is far too long and far too boring, 12 hours out
of 24 should be sufficent or maybe 24 out of 24 for the harvesters.

In the past W3GH & I have operated the 160 arrl using two calls,
one for the first night and one for the second night, this made
the contest more enjoyable. The second night always produced the
biggest scores and each score was respectable.

Contesting is an addiction, not much different from being a crack head,
maybe worse.

If you really want to feel good, sit out contesting for a whole year
like I have, it feels great being able to lead a normal life. While
you contest addicts are sitting in a Deporvara chamber for a weekends
at a time abusing yourselves, us recovering contest addicts are out
enjoying the world.

Don't ask me what I'm doing with my time or money, but I love it :-)
A bunch of you who know me are probably smiling at this statement.

Well contest addicts, see you in 6 point type when the next results
are published.

Spike W9XR

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com