[CQ-Contest] Hamfests & Contests

Paul Knupke, jr. pekjr at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Nov 27 00:24:59 EST 2001

One of the key points to planning a hamfest is being aware of activities
such as contests!   I know scheduling hamfests is hard, there are lots
of factors that are involved.  Larger hamfests have harder times even.

The Tampa Bay Hamfest takes place either on the 160m contest weekend or
the week before (like this year.)

We were stuck on SS Phone weekend for several years due to site
scheduling, but that wasn't a bad contest to compete with as many
contesters still came for the morning.  Since we moved to a new location
we could get off that weekend and onto a better weekend.

One of the hamfests in Florida has been on CQWW Phone for a few years
(and competed with an annual major sporting event.)   They are moving to
an earlier week next year.

73
Paul, N4PK
Chairman, Tampa Bay Hamfest (2001 SE Division Convention)
Member, Florida Contest Group