[CQ-Contest] Q-multiplier

Alan Braun albraun at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 27 12:51:10 EST 2001

Cute story.

Actually a q-multiplier was a device that hooked into the IF circuit and
functioned to increase selectivity of receivers that were not equipped with
the multistage IF's and fancy crystal filters with their 200Hz bandwidths,
that we have now. My 1st swl receiver was like that, and my 1st kit-building
project was a heathkit q-multiplier that I hooked into it. (I've just dated
myself!)

Alan Braun NS0B