[CQ-Contest] Re: Lets change phonetics

John Warren nt5c at texas.net
Wed Oct 31 21:25:32 EST 2001

John NE0P wrote:

>2.  Since I now live in Five land, and have a Zero
>call, apply for a vanity call with a 7 in it. Why 7?
>Why not?  The FCC does not require us anymore to
>apply for calls within our mailing district.

Why not apply for a One call. I've thought about doing that. DX
stations going by the numbers almost always start on Ones, then when
they get to Fives (if ever), you get a second shot as W1xx/5. Lot
more OFs dying off in One-land too, so more good vanity calls
available.

For unmistakable phonetics, I always remember Trey's old call:
	Waxahachie Nicaragua Four Knickerbocker Knickerbocker Nicaragua

John, NT5C.

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com