[CQ-Contest] IG9A looking operators

IT9GSF Fabio Grisafi fgrisafi at tin.it
Wed Oct 3 22:30:10 EDT 2001

Hello Guys !

I just went back from Lampedusa after the CQWW RJ RTTY Contest with some
very good latvian friends
(YL2KL Girt, YL2KA Jack, YL2LY Arvis and YL3CW, Val. It was a very warm and
good experience I will remember
all my life.

The IG9A's operators list for the CQWW SSB Contest is almost complete. We
still need some very good
and experienced operators for the high bands. As, maybe, you know, we
decided to divide the expences for
antenna setup and caravan transportation (IG9A is a field day contest
operation and costs for bringing those
campers to the island by ship are very expensive).

At the moment we have completed the 160, 80, 40 and 10 meters operators
list.

Some of the operators are:

160 meters: SV8CS, IT9CHU; 80 meters: I4EAT, I4AVG; 40 meters: IV3TMV,
I4VEQ; 15 meters: KL2A-JH4RHF; 10 meters:
9H1EL, IT9GSF. Other operators: IT9INO, 9A6A, I4TJE, IT9EQO, IT9CZJ, SV2DCD.

Antenna setup will be enhanced after our many years propagation experience:
we will use two phased yagis for each band on ten, fifteen and twenty meters
that will be rotated by a single heavy rotator, they will be stacket 6
meters on 10, 8
meters on 15 and 10 meters on 20 meters on very good tower near the north
crag of the island. Also, we will have a second antenna system with a single
yagi for each station on high bands with very low tower for european
contacts (we experienced bad signals in EU during past contests due to beam
taking off angle).

On 40 meters we will have a 4 elements KLM Yagi, on 80 a single vertical
with 120 radial and a reduced lenght top loaded vertical 30 meters high for
the top band. We will have a single remotely switchable beverages' antenna
setup for 40, 80 and 160.

Also, we are talking about other 10, 15 and 20 meters stations for mults
with vertical polarization antennas.

All stations will be network connected (Ethernet) and we will use WriteLog.

Expences were calculated about US$ 350 per person except hotel accomodation
and dinner. As we need other three operators only, that we have received
many requests and have sent many answers without return because of the
costs, now we are thinking to invite you free. If you can put some money OK,
if not, OK the same.

If you are interested in joining our team for the CQWW SSB Contest, please
send an application form request
to the following address: fgrisafi at tin.it

Only three runner operators will be selected and they will have to pay only
their travel costs to Lampedusa
(About US$ 180 two ways from Rome) and about US$ 15 per bed per night.

73 de IT9GSF, Fabio.

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com