[CQ-Contest] K3NM/LU9AY 40M SSB FCC Fiasco

Matt Vanni mats3d at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 09:56:22 EDT 2001

One last post, I will not give this matter further attention, this is the
last one, promise :)
this is the Email I sent the ARRL, they kindly told me until Mr.
Hollingsworth discharges the case, that letter will be posted ,well, like
W4AN said, whoever sends the FCC a letter first ,"wins" the case. he got
the letter there first ,so it gets published in a virtual "black list"
regardless, now since there is not material proof to these allegations on
either side Mr. Hollingsworth might never discharge the case, so the letter
will sit on the ARRL's site for the world to see.. VERY UNFAIR
here's the letter, I stopped paying my arrl dues long ago anyway, but even
if I was still a member Id quit after this
(note this was sent before I read Mr. Tippett's (W4ZV) intentions, I
assumed it was just gossip at the time since he made no comments on his
post, I acknowledge his motives now)

ARRL
Dear Mr. Lindquist (News section)
or whoever it may concern,

I have seen an FCC complaint being posted on your
site against K3NM, I was operating that station during
that contest, the accusations are completely false and
fallacious and were biased by the other party's view
on contesting in general, I think its very
anti-democratic to post one side of the story on a
public website like yours, I have attached a discharge
letter, this letter was sent to Mr. Hollingsworth and
it has, apparently settled the case since I haven't
heard back from him, your post on the website has
caused other people's rush for cheap gossip to spread
the address on a contesting reflector, doing nothing
good to the K3NM callsign which, technically, has
nothing to do with this since I (W1/LU9AY) was
operating the station at that time, let me restate
that the accusations were inaccurate and wrongly
based.
Thanks in advance and I hope to see my discharge
letter posted as well as a more democratic, just and
fair response to these allegations, and if it can't be
done, then I would suggest take the complaint off the
site

Sincerely Yours
Matt Vanni
W1/LU9AY