[CQ-Contest] Contest Writeup Errors

kb3aug at juno.com kb3aug at juno.com
Thu Oct 11 22:27:49 EDT 2001

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:58:32 -0400 Tom Frenaye <frenaye at pcnet.com>
writes:

> The original post mentioned someone's score being located in the
> wrong call area in the CQWW results, and the discussion was moved in
> several directions.    I think CQ had some basic score tabulation
> problem because I saw about a dozen errors just in the W1/W2
> listings where someone with a W1 or W2 callsign living outside of
> the northeast was listed with the W1/W2 results.   I suspect it
> happened to as many as 40 or 50 USA scores and may not have had to
> do with the info in submitted logs.
>
> In any case, before sending in your log, it's always wise to double
> check the summary sheet and/or header information in the Cabrillo
> file to make sure it is correct.
>
>                 -- Tom

That was my point. All of my information was correct in the Cabrillo
file. For my score in the published results to be listed in the right
call area, I needed to list my call as KV3R/8 in the subject line of my
score submission. I thought that Cabrillo would make that unnecessary
because my complete address is there in the file. This year I will make
sure I list my call as KV3R/8 in the subject line of my e-mail.
Second place in 8 land was a big deal to me, I'm just a little station!

73, Bill KV3R/8
In Wild Wonderful WV (and a rare county to boot)

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com