[CQ-Contest] Why I Won't Be in CQWW CW This Year

Ron Wetjen wd4ahz at gte.net
Mon Oct 15 16:24:54 EDT 2001

John Laney wrote:

> My suggestion is that ARRL consider moving ARRL 160 and ARRL 10 one
> week later, let CQ move CQ WW CW to the first full weekend in December.
> That would put the ARRL 10 on the same weekend as the new (but pretty
> popular) Croatian DX (9A) Contest (I think).

I always understood, the reason for the dates of the 10 Meter Contest,
was to take advantage of the Geminids Meteor Shower, which peaks around
December 13 (and the reason for all those evening and morning "pings").

Moving the date, we'd lose that propagation mode, which in some lean
years, is all we get!

Ron, WD4AHZ

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com