[CQ-Contest] November QST arrives

K4tmc at aol.com K4tmc at aol.com
Tue Oct 16 19:04:16 EDT 2001

Front cover photo of the cleanup scene at the Pentagon with inset photos of
ham activities related to the 9/11/01 events, with a related feature article
inside.

Contest related items:
Results - 2001 Messy Shack Contest (OK, it's a photo contest; who broke into
my garage?)
Results - 2001 ARRL International DX Phone
General Rules for All ARRL Contests

Other interesting items:
It Seems To Us…(editorial) - We Are Not Alone (and a list of hams missing
since 9/11/01)
DC Currents - ARRL Amateur Radio Demo and Education Day Wows FCC
9/11/01: This is Not a Test (cover story)
A Portable 2-Element Triband Yagi
2001: A Moonbounce Odyssey
Remote-Controlled HF Operation over the Internet
The Help Desk - Q and QN Signals
Updating the W1FB 80-Meter "Sardine Sender"
Short Takes - HamAlyzer 2.0
Product Review - Icom IC-V8 2-Meter HT, and Super Antennas MP-1 Portable
Travel Antenna
How's DX? - My Hamming Adventure in China
Old Radio - The BC-474-A
The World Above 50 MHz - Meteor Scatter News

The Astatic Corp. has full page ad titled "Final Edition Astatic D104 Silver
Eagle, The End of an Era."
The ARRL CD-ROM collections are now available as a yearly CD with QST/NCJ/QEX
from each year starting in 1995.
Icom has two Tech Talk ads for their AT-180 & AH-4 tuners and IC-PW1 amp.

And more…

73 & High Rates,
Henry Pollock - K4TMC
Raleigh, NC