[CQ-Contest] CQWW and mail

Fred Laun K3ZO aalaun at attglobal.net
Thu Oct 18 17:37:36 EDT 2001

Rich:

As an unpaid volunteer advisor to the CQWW Committee for many years, I was
very disappointed to see your announcement re non-acceptance of mail-in
logs.  I think it is without foundation and totally against CQ's own
self-interest.

As one who fought against terrorists who shot and kidnapped me in Argentina
-- and survived to live for, at this writing, 28 more years, I find your
case of jitters to be totally ridiculous.  You might as well tell your
staff to stop driving in to work because statistically they are hundreds of
times more likely to be injured in a road accident than they are to be the
recipient of an anthrax-tainted letter, especially now that the Post Office
is taking steps to detect them.

If you wish, you can have people mail their logs to me at P. O. Box 97,
Temple Hills, MD, 20757, USA, and I will process them here.  That is what I
will tell anyone on the air who inquires about it, instead of repeating
your wimpy announcement.

73, Fred Laun, K3ZO

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com