[CQ-Contest] CQ Asks Contesters to E-mail All Logs

k8do k8do at msn.com
Fri Oct 19 14:48:59 EDT 2001

Ummm, unlikely to provide any real protection... The spores are dry and
tough...  Freezing doesn't bother them...  Microwave may partially kill the
spores if there is enough moisture in the paper and powders (if any) to
raise the temperature above protein coagulation levels, but probably won't
totally disable the spores...
In our office to sterilize biologicals we use a pressure cooker at >250 F
and ~2 atmospheres of pressure for one hour....

Denny