[CQ-Contest] 160M band plan & CQWW

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Fri Oct 19 18:12:55 EDT 2001

On 10/17/01 3:52 PM, Tom Osborne at w7why at harborside.com wrote:

>I think he was talking about CQ'ers who call and call and never
>get any answers.  I hear that all the time.  If you have the
>muscle to be heard, CQ'ing isn't all that bad.  But if you're
>PW, you are just wasting time and causing QRM.

An alternative is to CQ above 1843 kHz, which is in conformance with the
bandplan, and listen below, where DX stations are more likely.

It just occurred to me -- have we traded a situation where 1830-1835 kHz
was the "window" to one where 1800-1843 kHz is now the "window"?

Hmm...

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com