[CQ-Contest] amps in series

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Fri Oct 26 17:24:26 EDT 2001

> I suppose I could line up six SB-220's this way, with a sp6t
> switch and have an el cheapo Alpha 87a.
>
> Maybe someone has tried this and reported on it already,
> but I had never heard of it, and it seems to work fb.
>
> Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
> Yuma, AZ
> K6LL at juno.com

I always thought Bill Orr, W6SAI, had the right idea in his 60's/70's
issue(s) of Radio Handbook.  I think he used rack containing a separate,
rack-mounted amp (813's?) for each band all fed from one power supply.  I
don't recall how the switching was accomplished.

Speaking of books...I was in the local electronics parts outlet (called,
amazingly, Electronic Parts Outlet) and found W9KNI's Complete DX'er on the
bookshelf.  I hadn't seen that for years and had heard it was a hard to find
book these days. .

73,
dale, kg5u

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com