[CQ-Contest] Echo

Tom Osborne w7why at harborside.com
Sun Oct 28 20:50:02 EST 2001

A couple of times this weekend while on 10 meters, I heard myself
after I let the mike key up.  Twice I heard "5903" and it was my
voice.  I read somewhere that a big station used to hear his
signal bounced off the moon, but he was using a huge 4 antenna
stack.  I'm only using a 2 element monobander at 30 feet and 100
watts so no way do I think I could do that.  Could I hear myself
LP or something?  Did anyone else notice that phenomenon?  73
Tom W7WHY

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com