[CQ-Contest] FW: Clarence Sharp, K5DX, SK

KN5H kn5h at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 4 22:21:10 EDT 2001

de N5TU:

Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 7:59 PM
Subject: Clarence Sharp, K5DX, SK

> It is with great sadness that I received news of Sharp's passing this
> evening.  Joe, W5ASP, informed me that Sharp passed away this
> afternoon.  At this time arrangements are incomplete but I will forward
> them as soon as I know of them.
>
> Sharp will be missed by all who knew him.
> Earl Morse
> N5TU

I regret to inform you that we as a contest community have lost another fine
amateur. I can only summarize by saying that Sharp was an avid DXer, great
contester and supreme team member. Since I have been away from Houston and
the Texas DX Society for many years, I cannot fully speak for the present
club members. I will say however that Sharp remains as a true example of the
camaraderie that held our group together through the years that I was an
active member.

Perhaps several of you will recognize K5DX as the Field Day callsign used by
the TDXS over the last 20 plus years. With Sharp's leadership, the TDXS
racked up many fine FD scores.

73 de KN5H

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com