[CQ-Contest] Re: SSB Sprint

Jimmy Floyd nq4u at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 14 09:05:57 EDT 2001

Interesting questions concerning the Sprint this weekend.
I also hope that IF the contest proceeds this weekend, that all exercise
caution when operating near the various "NETS" on the bands. Many of us are
listening or participating in one fashion or another in these activities.
Even though "regular" communications have been restored in the disaster
areas, Amateur Radio is still serving in a vital role.

Looking at this from the emergency communications side I can only hope that
the contest does not proceed this weekend. Several RACES and ARES nets are
in session and relief organizations are keeping in touch with their field
personell via HF.
73

Jimmy Floyd
NQ4U // NNN0RKO