[CQ-Contest] Diode-Generated Crud

hwardsil1 at mindspring.com hwardsil1 at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 26 22:37:04 EDT 2001

Yes, very true on both points, Mario.   The strong AM BC signals induced 6V (peak) of RF on a full-wave 80-meter loop!  For anything bigger than a 40-meter dipole, I have to have a good high-pass filter in line to keep from overloading my receiver front end.

In a big multi-multi operation, the nearby strong signals can easily generate 1V and more, so diode junctions are clearly sources of strong harmonics and mixing products.

73, Ward N0AX