[CQ-Contest] politically correct

Tom Horton k5iid at ntelos.net
Wed Apr 3 20:07:17 EST 2002

Ron,
  I agree with you.
What I was getting at is that apparently some folks think that
if you are not a big gun and don't get over 1000 prefixes in
  the WPX contest, then you are not a serious contester.
I've been contesting probably as long as most anyone on this
reflector and a heck of a lot more than most that are here.
No, I have never won a big contest nationally , but I do and have
won my section several times over the years. I've placed in the
Top Ten in a few. So to intimate that, since I only got 523 prefixes
last weekend,  I am not a serious contester I really don't
think is accurate.
That's all I was saying.
73, Tom K5IID