[CQ-Contest] eQSL change of policy

Joe Subich, K4IK k4ik at subich.com
Thu Apr 4 15:50:55 EST 2002

Why are you saying the ARRL staff is always right?  eQSL had a
letter/email which stated that printed QSLs from anyone acting
as a legitimate (authorized) QSL manager would be accepted.
Someone among the ARRL staff changed that after the fact to
require a "double blind" process.

I think the change after the fact and without public discussion
is bad form at the minimum.

> Further, since my understanding (from those involved in the LotW
> project) that it's eQSL that chose not to be compatible with LotW
> or anyone else, why is anyone else being blamed for anything they
> do in their own little world?

Again, why are you being an ARRL cheerleader?  eQSL "was there first."
Why did LOTW decide to adopt a system that was incompatible from the
beginning and adopt a "take it or leave it" attitude?

There is room for people to work together *IF* everyone is willing
to be flexible.  To take the "play by my rules or I'll take my ball
and go home" attitude does nobody any good.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK