[CQ-Contest] eQSL change of policy

Tom Osborne w7why at harborside.com
Sun Apr 7 21:11:06 EDT 2002

Jim Idelson wrote:

> What do the DXCC Rules say?
>
> "2. Written Proof: Except in cases where the rules of Section IV >apply, written proof (e.g. QSL cards) of two-way communication >(contacts) must be submitted directly to ARRL Headquarters for >all DXCC credits claimed . . .

Most of the cards I now get just have a label affixed to them.
Anyone can get (or make) a card and print a label.  They are
rarely signed any more and they usually cone in an envelope so
they have no postmarks or stamps on them.  I remember the last
time I got a bunch of samples from a QSL card printer they had
some pretty good DX cards in them.  Just print out some labels
and stick them on a card and mail them in.  How is that more
secure than an eQSL?
Tom W7WHY