Fw: [CQ-Contest] eQSL QSO Times

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Wed Apr 10 09:31:26 EDT 2002

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Rex Maner wrote:

> Quack
> I had one eQsl rejection come thru that the only problem with the data for a
> SS QSO was the time was off by 1 (ONE) minute.  Now this is getting to the
> redicilous,  I don't need the confirmation but this one Q the guy sent me
> log data and I replied.
> Rex

That's just stupid.  It will probably contribute greatly to the downfall
of eQSL.

I'm sure that we, as contesters, don't always have our clocks synchronized
to the same exact second.  And every DXpedition I've received QSL's from
sent me a card, even if the times were quite a bit off.  Probably, if
you're sitting on an Antarctic rock, freezing your tuchis, you don't
particularly care how exact your clock is.

QST had a note (I think in the "How's DX?" column) a while back about the
"Martti Laine rule".  If the callsign logged by the DX station was off by
one character (for instance, if I got logged as W0SZ or W9SG) and the
station logged did not submit a card in a reasonable time or did not
contest the QSO, I would get the card.

I wonder how that will fit in with eQSL and LoTW?

73, Zack W9SZ