[CQ-Contest] so2r off the shelf?

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Apr 18 07:42:03 EDT 2002

At 09:12 AM 4/17/02 -0400, Ron wrote:

> > HI!
> >
> > I am familiar with sbdvp on TR, but when you transmit the voice card is not
> > put out the microphone, you should build a switch with relay or so, and the
> > audio is not 100% ok from my experience...
>
>This is sound card dependent. I run my heil into my soundcard whose output
>goes right to the radio. I run SBDVP with TR and I can record messages on the
>fly...truly a wonderful thing. The mic however is not muted on TX of a
>recorded message.
>
>Who knows...there just may be improvements in the future.

On at least some soundcards, full-duplex operation (whereby the microphone
audio is live when the sound card is running under SBDVP) is set up on the
Device Manager.  That's where I enabled it on my SB-16.

The documentation for SBDVP, while full and technically correct, is not
very well organized to guide the user in setting it up and using it with
TR.  If there is interest, I'll write up a brief "getting started"
supplement and post it on the web.

73, Pete N4ZR