[CQ-Contest] FW: nice work!

Dennis McAlpine dennis.mcalpine at verizon.net
Fri Apr 19 12:40:19 EDT 2002

Jamie.NS3T,
Add my compliments for your efforts as well.  It may not prove anythin but
if there's enough smoke, there might just be a fire there somewhere.

For those who are critical of this "BS" ,as one arrogant writer called it, I
remind you of the furor that N6AA et al created when he started the whole
concept of "uniques, uniques + 1, etc". Yet, as a result of that I would
guess that the accuracy of logging has gone up dramatically and most of us
have become better operators as a result of paying more attention to what we
are doing.

smart to run excessive power to make their life easier.  We all knew who
they were.  For example, how many W6s from CA can run a pile-up of East
Coast stations on 40 cw at  1400 EST with a s9 signal with 100 watts? or
even a KW?  Eventually, peer pressure forced most of those guys to get with
the program and run legit power.

The type of analysis you are doing may well cause the same sort of reaction.
The people who are illegally (yes, the rules do prohibit such spots)
spotting themselves under the guise of someone else's call or a made-up one
can no longer hide under the rock.  Once they are in the sunlight maybe they
will get the bright idea that it's time to cease and desist.

Keep it up.

73,
Dennis K2SX